The regulation of
"The New Melodies"
2.1. The Main goal of the competition is to promote and revive the genres of choral, vocal and chamber-instrumental music, to arouse interest in it among both modern composers and a wide audience of listeners, to identify and support talented authors, to help them realize their creative abilities, to spread and promote new choral, vocal and chamber-instrumental music.
2.2. The Objectives Of The Competition:
• updating the genres of choral, vocal and chamber-instrumental music in the works of contemporary composers;
• creating a support system for talented composers;
• identification of composers working in the genres of choral, vocal and chamber-instrumental music;
• assistance in popularizing the music of the winners of the competition through its performance by professional artists in concert halls of St. Petersburg and other cities of Russia and the world, creating a unique archive with notes of works by all participants of the competition that are freely available.
3.3. Special conditions:
• In case of participation in the competotion music on foreign (not Russian and not English), the participant is obliged to provide the text literal translation on Russian or English language, as well as an audio file reading the text of the works in the original language.
• The competition is not open to music made in the form of treatments of works by another authors. It is allowed to process single-voice medieval Church chants, melodies of spiritual verses, as well as to quote fragments of Church chants, spiritual verses and folk songs as one of the elements of the author's own score.
• Each participant can submit no more than one work in each category.
3.4. The competition is held in two stages:
• The Jury members review the works participating in the competition in absentia and anonymously, based on the musical notes sent by e-mail under the motto or pseudonym. At the end of the review, the contest results and evaluation lists of the jury members are sent to the contest participants ' email address.
• The award ceremony and gala concert of the winners is held in one of the concert halls of St. Petersburg in the form of a public event with free access to the audience. The audience award is being played as part of the Gala concert. If it is not possible to hold a gala concert as a public event due to the epidemiological situation or other emergency circumstances, the gala concert will be held online.
3.5. The dates of Competition:
|Download application form|
6. Contact information
6.1. Address of the organizing Committee: 14 Vereschagina ul., 198411, Lomonosov, St-Petersburg, Russia
6.2. Phone +7 (911) 995-33-50; +7 (911) 941-12-05
6.3. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org